The NuRAD 8200 modular system enables the quick and clean erection of shielding constructions with no need of heavy technique.
Specific manufacturing together with wave interlock ensure high stability of the shielding walls with no need for mortar or glue.
The system is ideal for the reinforcement and upgrading of existing shielding bunkers, for removable enclosures of maintenance openings and other situations, where heavy and dusty work need to be avoided.
- Very firm solution – max. gap between the bricks 2 mm
- Wavy interlocks block radiation from passing through
- Dry and clean construction, no mortar nor glue needed
- Fast construction – app. 2 m3/h in groups of three workers (depending on complexity of the construction)
- No need for heavy machinery
- Easy decommissioning, no health hazard
- Standard densities (median): 2.3 t/m3, 3.5 t/m3, 4 t/m3, 5 t/m3
- Standard brick dimension:100 x 200 x 400 mm (h x w x l)
- Magnetite and cast iron used to raise the density
- Hand-held manipulators to simplify manipulation with the bricks
- Optional boron content (usually 1% to 5%) to shield neutrons
- Patended low background material with low internal content of radionuclides
- Seismic reinforcement using steel rods is available
- Specifically requested density ranges from 2.35 t/m3 to 5 t/m3
- Hematite and stainless steel instead of magnetite and cast steel when non-magnetic properties are requested
- Different dimensions and shapes of the bricks
- Individual prefabricates for ceilings and other constructions
- Various surface finishing and painting enabling easy decontamination, application in clean-rooms, etc.
If you have an enquiry about any of our products or services, please do not hesitate to give us your feedback or suggestions.